Public Hearing Scheduled on Draft Master Plan for the Westchester County Airport
Thursday, July 27, 7PM – 9PM
Westchester County Center Little Theater
198 Central Ave, White Plains, NY
Doors will open at 6PM. Free parking at the County Center parking lot.
Join us at a public meeting to speak out against the recently-released draft of the Westchester County airport master plan, which calls for massive expansion of the airport. The public hearing will include a presentation of the draft master plan and an opportunity for attendees to comment on the draft plan. Expect a standard 3 minute limit for your public comment or question. This is the first meeting on the airport master plan since 2013, and it could be the last. As released, this plan was titled “Final Draft Master Plan”. The master plan must first be approved by the FAA. It might then be approved by the County Executive while bypassing the County Board of Legislators. If so, we will be fighting a prolonged battle to preserve quality of life in Westchester and protect our environment.
It is vital that we:
- Have good turnout. The FAA states that there should be public involvement in airport master plans. If we don’t have many people in attendance, the county can say that people don’t care about the issue such that the FAA can more easily approve this. Please try to come if you can. Please share widely on social media, email lists, and with your membership groups. Pass this notice onto your local town councils and governments.
- Ensure that quality comments and questions are made. If you plan to ask questions, please plan them ahead of time. Also read our collaborative White Paper.
Official County Public Notice of the Airport Master Plan meeting.
- Legislator Francis Corcoran (District 2): [email protected]
914-995-2810. Staff Madeline Rae: 914-995-2883
- Legislator MaryJane Shimsky (District 12): [email protected]
914-995-2821. Staff Ellen Hendrickx 914-995-2806
- Legislator Benjamin Boykin (District 5): [email protected]
914-995-2827. Staff Lucy Ortiz 914-995-2818